Terms and Conditions
By making a booking you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Our set up is Monday- Friday (business hours 9.00am - 5.00pm) and we pack up and collect the next day. For Saturday night hire we set up on a Saturday (morning/early afternoon slot) and usually collect on a Monday morning- That way your little ones can enjoy the tepees a little longer! Times to be arranged directly with each customer. We have time slots and will let you know which time slots we have available to offer to you.
- If you require different set up or delivery times, please contact us well in advance to check availability.
- We require full payment ten days before the event. Hopefully you will have finalised your numbers by then. Don't worry if things need to change we do have some level of flexibility if you need to add tepees or take some away. Please do check if you want to add them that we have some available. Also a deposit/security bond of $1500 which will be refunded in full when we pick up as long as the hired equipment is undamaged. If the event is sooner than ten days we will require immediate payment to secure the booking. We get quite busy, especially at weekends, and would release the date if payment is not made.
- In the event of a Typhoon 8 or higher or a red or black rain warning signal we unfortunately will not be able to proceed with delivery and set up of a Tepee Tribe party as safety of all individuals is paramount. Arrangements for another time will have to be made.
- Definition ‘THE BUSINESS” means Discovery Dome HK LTD, Business Number: 52475700-000-06-10-A. The person who books the equipment warrants that they are either the Hirer or have the authority of the Hirer to book the equipment. “THE EQUIPMENT” means goods hired as they appear on the booking agreement. “THE AGREEMENT” means the Booking Form/Hire Agreement between the Business and the Hirer of the equipment.
- Agreement - The Hirer, by placing an order via email agrees that they accept the conditions of the hiring agreement. The Business will retain a booking form and terms and conditions agreement. The Hirer will then be supplied an itemised invoice as confirmation of their booking.
- Hiring Charges - Unless prior arrangements are made hiring charges are for a 24-hour period. The hiring charges are for the agreed period. If the equipment is unavailable for pick up or return, The Tepee Tribe reserves the right to charge the Hirer for extra time as per the 24 hour rate. Postponement, If the Hirer chooses to postpone the hire of the equipment, cancellation charges will apply. See below.
- We do understand that things happen and changes may need to be made however to protect ourselves, cancellation (with no rescheduling), two weeks prior to the event, the customer will lose their deposit but will get a full refund on the cost. If a customer wants to reschedule instead of cancel, the cost of the deposit and hire charge will be held and a new booking scheduled.
- Cancellation of the event from two weeks up to and including the the day of the sleepover the customer will lose their deposit and 50% of the booking fee.
- All payments are through Paypal.
- We require the renter of The Tepee Tribe or a designated adult over the age of 18 MUST be there at the time of set up. You are required to inspect the The Tepee Tribe and other hired decor along with our staff before we leave the premises to ensure nothing is damaged. When we return the following day for take down, you or a designated adult must be there as we re-inspect the tepees and decor. If no damages are found, you get your $1500 security deposit refunded immediately. If damages are found, the security deposit will not be returned or will be pro-rated at our staff’s discretion. Damages to The Tepee Tribe and other decor include: • Has been moved outside • Has been torn/slashed/ripped • Has come into contact with pets or water • Additional mat removed from under mattresses outdoors • Additional children used the mattresses/decor which caused subsequent damages • Broken/damaged trays, decor
- Positioning/Setting up of Equipment. - The Hirer is responsible for indicating clearly the location of the assembly or dismantling of the equipment. The Business will take every care, but shall not be liable for any damage to the site, site access, furniture or personal belongings.
- All floor areas must be clean from dirt and dust before setup commences.
- Use of Equipment - The Hirer is responsible for checking the quantity of hired items against the invoice/agreement upon delivery and should contact the Business on 97544081 immediately to advise of any discrepancy or damage discovered. Advice after the function will not be considered as advice and the Hirer will be, liable for any loss or damage to the equipment. Damage to Hire equipment during use is the responsibility of the Hirer and the Hirer agrees that repair or replacement charges for damaged equipment will be actioned after the hire date. If at any time during the hire period the Hirer considers the equipment to be faulty, it is the Hirers responsibility to contact The Tepee Tribe by telephone to report the problem. The Business reserves the right to repair or replace the faulty equipment as soon as practicable during the hire period to the reasonable satisfaction of the Hirer. The Hirer should not attempt to repair the equipment without prior consent of the Business. Call out charges, relative to the time of day, will be due and payable if the equipment is found not to be faulty as claimed by the Hirer. The business will not be liable for any loss, damage or expenditure incurred by the Hirer due to faulty equipment for any reason whatsoever.
- Under no circumstances must any real candles or naked flames be used near any of the tepees. All of our lighting equipment is battery operated and there are never any real candles used.
- Cleaning. A cleaning charge will be applied to all equipment returned dirty $250 per piece of equipment. This will apply to all hire equipment. Linen does not need to be washed, however if they are returned stained or excessively dirty a cleaning fee will apply. All hire equipment; linen and bed sheets need to be returned dry.
- Insurance. Insurance is the Hirer’s responsibility during the hire period. The Hirer is responsible for the security of the equipment at all times during the Hire period. Any lost, broken, damaged or destroyed equipment will be charged to the Hirer at full replacement value.
- Liability to Third Parties. The Business will not be liable for any claim for personal injury, death, loss or damage to the property however caused unless it is proved that such injury was caused by faulty material, workmanship or negligence on the part of the Business. The Businesses decision is final in all matters relating to these Terms & Conditions of Hire.